Paul Hammant's blog: DevOps and Continuous Delivery expert, architect, coder (28 years professionally), tester, tool creator, legacy rejuvenator, senior exec, inventor, design pattern and general pioneer, pundit.
Let me help you get to Trunk-Based Development and all that: Paul Hammant DevOps
Read more about me personally: About Paul Hammant
Last 30 Blog Entries
- February 15th, 2023 » Collecting and Charting Multi-Module Nx Jest Coverage
- August 14th, 2022 » Merkleized Public Attestations
- August 12th, 2022 » Principles of Containment in the DOM
- April 13th, 2022 » More on Depth-first recursive vs DAG build technologies
- April 8th, 2022 » Depth-first recursive vs DAG build technologies
- February 12th, 2022 » A Tech Debt balance sheet
- October 8th, 2021 » Sofware dev & delivery project guidelines
- April 5th, 2021 » Modelling Wrongheadedness
- February 19th, 2021 » Software Development Current Reality Trees Starter Pack
- February 16th, 2021 » Embedded Tweets as SVGs
- February 16th, 2021 » Buildless SFC VueJS Applications
- January 29th, 2021 » A Purpose in a Token
- January 28th, 2021 » Dagging On Maven
- January 18th, 2021 » JBehave and Servirtium
- January 9th, 2021 » Personal phishing protection idea (voice calls)
- December 6th, 2020 » Maven Central Meta Model
- August 17th, 2020 » GitLab hosted virtual TBD event - me being interviewed about my book
- June 25th, 2020 » Fixed-price UpWork Contracts
- April 23rd, 2020 » Servirtium use in a client and supplier co-development
- April 4th, 2020 » Risk And Responsibility Should Be An Exchange
- March 12th, 2020 » Value Stream Mapping
- January 19th, 2020 » VCS Nirvana
- November 20th, 2019 » Environment Hell
- October 20th, 2019 » Quicker Local Maven Builds
- October 15th, 2019 » Overtesting Endpoints
- October 12th, 2019 » Diagrams to help or hinder understanding
- August 2nd, 2019 » Pull-Request dissatisfaction
- July 23rd, 2019 » Some Thoughts On Toggles
- July 21st, 2019 » Using Git In Business And Government
- July 11th, 2019 » Tutorials vs Reference Docs vs Examples
Go to my archive for a full list of entries going back to 2002.
Speeches, Articles elsewhere, etc
- OReilly’s OCSCON (Portland OR, 2004): Constructor Dependency Injection with PicoContainer - A post J2EE Nirvana (Portland, OR). My Blog Entry and Slides for the same.
- Agile India (Bangalore, 2006): TDD, Refactoring and Dependency Injection (Agile’s answer to “Big Up-Front Architecture” : BUFA) (Bangalore)
- Agile India (Bangalore, 2006): Selenium Workshop (Bangalore)
- Agile 2009 (Chicago): Selenium and JBehave : A surprisingly successful shotgun wedding (Chicago). Second link. Co-presented with Mauro Talevi.
- Perforce MERGE conference (San Francisco, Sept 2014) - Keynote session Trunk-Based Development in the Enterprise - Its Relevance and Economics
- Perforce MERGE conference (San Francisco, Sept 2014) - PANEL: Development Patterns for Continuous Delivery
- Perforce MERGE conference (San Francisco, Sept 2014) - An unrecorded Workshop on Trunk-Based Development
- June 20, 2012: The IEEE’s Austin Texas Chapter Client-Side MVC: The Next Big Thing for Enterprise Application Development. Video too.
- Apr 21, 2016: Panelist discussing "Pioneers, Settlers and Town Planners" (with Kevin Behr, and Jabe Bloom) at a Technology Workshop organizased by Hedge Fund Managzine
DZone eZine - article syndication
- An article commissioned specifically for DZone (2012) - The Shift Towards Client-Side MVC
- DZone syndicates articles from this blog. There are more than a hundred of my articles syndicated, so far.
- May 2006: Simple JAVA and .NET SOA interoperability. Commissioned for their very first edition!
Java Developer Journal
- Dec 2003: Inversion of Control Rocks. Duplicated here and here. The article was prettier in the print edition, which is sadly no longer available online.
- 2010: Some of my artwork from a blog entry was used in Jez Humble and Dave Farley's Continuous Delivery: Reliable Software Releases through Build, Test, and Deployment Automation.
- 2015: Some of my artwork from a blog entry was used in Jez Humble, Joanne Molesky, Barry O'Reilly's Lean Enterprise: How High Performance Organizations Innovate at Scale .
Getting in touch
Email is best: firstname.lastname@example.org