Paul Hammant's blog: DevOps and Continuous Delivery expert, architect, coder (28 years professionally), tester, tool creator, legacy rejuvenator, senior exec, inventor, design pattern and general pioneer, pundit.
Let me help you get to Trunk-Based Development and all that: Paul Hammant DevOps LLC
Read more about me personally: About Paul Hammant
Last 30 Blog Entries
- July 13th, 2018 » Another Graphic for Technology Compatibility Kits (TCKs)
- June 13th, 2018 » Thinking About Serverless Again
- May 30th, 2018 » Better practices for audits
- May 23rd, 2018 » Examining CI, CD and branching models
- April 10th, 2018 » It turns out we didn't need Dependency Injection containers after all
- January 31st, 2018 » An Ontology: Component vs Class vs Object vs Service vs Application vs Process vs Library, etc
- December 12th, 2017 » Dialing Up Your Application's Release Cadence
- November 23rd, 2017 » Network Extortion is what you get when network neutrality is dropped
- November 2nd, 2017 » Step Aside Blockchains, Hashgraphs Are Giving Plain Merkle Trees A Turbo Boost
- November 2nd, 2017 » Merkle Trees vs Blockchains vs Hashgraphs
- October 30th, 2017 » Trunk, CI, Builds, Environments, and Integration
- October 25th, 2017 » A Serverless Sequence Diagram
- October 22nd, 2017 » Provenance and Code Grants
- September 28th, 2017 » Choosing Between Blockchains And Vanilla Merkle Trees
- September 28th, 2017 » Blockchains in pictures
- September 23rd, 2017 » Wikis that use source-control for their backing store
- September 17th, 2017 » The number of pre-production environments
- September 17th, 2017 » 'Old-School' Merkle Trees Rock
- September 17th, 2017 » Merkle Trees In Pictures
- September 1st, 2017 » Smalltalk Envy
- August 28th, 2017 » BDD Acceptance Criteria Pay For Themselves Multiple Times
- August 24th, 2017 » Another Architecture Diagram
- August 21st, 2017 » A Cynical View Of Bonus Calculations
- August 6th, 2017 » Environment Creation Times in Modern Teams
- July 9th, 2017 » Alignment and Autonomy and Quorums
- June 29th, 2017 » Trying out UpWork for small programming jobs
- June 22nd, 2017 » An Aspect of DevOps Improvements: The Reduction of Cycle Times
- June 17th, 2017 » Developers Activities Shouldn't Change With Proximity To Release Dates
- May 14th, 2017 » TodoMVC and given-when-then scenarios
- May 13th, 2017 » Alternative to Maven Central for Jar publishing (multiple Git repositories)
Go to my archive for a full list of entries going back to 2002.
Subscribe to my blog by email
Speeches, Articles elsewhere, etc
- OReilly’s OCSCON (Portland OR, 2004): Constructor Dependency Injection with PicoContainer - A post J2EE Nirvana (Portland, OR). My Blog Entry and Slides for the same.
- Agile India (Bangalore, 2006): TDD, Refactoring and Dependency Injection (Agile’s answer to “Big Up-Front Architecture” : BUFA) (Bangalore)
- Agile India (Bangalore, 2006): Selenium Workshop (Bangalore)
- Agile 2009 (Chicago): Selenium and JBehave : A surprisingly successful shotgun wedding (Chicago). Second link. Co-presented with Mauro Talevi.
- Perforce MERGE conference (San Francisco, Sept 2014) - Keynote session Trunk-Based Development in the Enterprise - Its Relevance and Economics
- Perforce MERGE conference (San Francisco, Sept 2014) - PANEL: Development Patterns for Continuous Delivery
- Perforce MERGE conference (San Francisco, Sept 2014) - An unrecorded Workshop on Trunk-Based Development
- June 20, 2012: The IEEE’s Austin Texas Chapter Client-Side MVC: The Next Big Thing for Enterprise Application Development. Video too.
- Apr 21, 2016: Panelist discussing "Pioneers, Settlers and Town Planners" (with Kevin Behr, and Jabe Bloom) at a Technology Workshop organizased by Hedge Fund Managzine
DZone eZine - article syndication
- An article commissioned specifically for DZone (2012) - The Shift Towards Client-Side MVC
- DZone syndicates articles from this blog. There are more than a hundred of my articles syndicated, so far.
- May 2006: Simple JAVA and .NET SOA interoperability. Commissioned for their very first edition!
Java Developer Journal
- Dec 2003: Inversion of Control Rocks. Duplicated here and here. The article was prettier in the print edition, which is sadly no longer available online.
- 2010: Some of my artwork from a blog entry was used in Jez Humble and Dave Farley's Continuous Delivery: Reliable Software Releases through Build, Test, and Deployment Automation.
- 2015: Some of my artwork from a blog entry was used in Jez Humble, Joanne Molesky, Barry O'Reilly's Lean Enterprise: How High Performance Organizations Innovate at Scale .
Getting in touch
Email is best: firstname.lastname@example.org